DOD SOCIAL MEDIA SITE USER AGREEMENT POLICY
The following User Agreement (”Agreement”) governs the use of official Department of Defense social media sites and pages to include social networking pages, web blogs and file sharing sites, along with all policies applicable to the .mil domain.
Please read the rules contained in this Agreement carefully. You can access this Agreement any time. Your use of any aspect of the Web sites will constitute your agreement to comply with these rules. If you cannot agree with these rules, please do not use the Web sites.
The Agreement may be modified from time to time; the date of the most recent revisions will appear on this page, so check back often. Continued access of the Web site by you will constitute your acceptance of any changes or revisions to the Agreement.
Your failure to follow these rules, whether listed below or in bulletins posted at various points in the Web site, may result in suspension or termination of your access to the Web site, without notice.
COMMENTS BY OTHERS ARE NOT ENDORSED
The Department of Defense does not necessarily endorse, support, sanction, encourage, verify or agree with the comments, opinions, or statements posted on the Web site. Any information or material placed online, including advice and opinions, are the views and responsibility of those making the comments and do not necessarily represent the views of The Department of Defense, the United States Government or its third party service providers. By submitting a comment for posting, you agree that the Department of Defense, the United States Government and its third party service providers are not responsible, and shall have no liability to you, with respect to any information or materials posted by others, including defamatory, offensive or illicit material, even material that violates this Agreement.
EDITING AND DELETIONS
The Department of Defense reserves the right, but undertakes no duty, to review, edit, move or delete any material submitted as a comment to the information provided for display or placed on the social media web sites in its sole discretion, without notice. Comments submitted to these sites will be reviewed and a representative sample may be posted on the Web site, or in the case of social networking sites, inappropriate comments may be deleted at the sole discretion of the Department of Defense. We hope to receive submissions from all viewpoints, but we ask that all participants agree to the following Terms of Participation:
To ensure constructive questions, please post only questions directly related and relevant to the Department of Defense. Refrain from posting questions that contain threats, obscenity, material that would violate the law if published here, abusive, defamatory or sexually explicit material.
Submissions containing the following will be deleted:
- Contains obscene or threatening language or discrimination (hate speech) based on race, sex, gender, religion, national origin, age, or disability.
- Promotes services or products (not including non-commercial links that are relevant to the topic)
- Includes any personal or sensitive information (phone numbers, email or postal addresses)
- Operational Security (OPSEC). All personnel (including families and friends of service members) have a responsibility to ensure that no information that might put our military members in jeopardy or would be of use to our adversaries is posted to websites that are readily accessible to the public. Not surprisingly, that information includes, among other things, technical information, operation plans, troop movement schedules, current and future locations of military units and ships, descriptions of overseas bases, details of weapons system, or discussions of areas frequented by service members overseas. Other information that’s not as obvious but should also not be discussed in an open forum includes daily military activities and operations, equipment status, unit morale, and results of operations. Any of these topics, if released in an open medium, have the ability to provide our adversaries opportunities to harm our military members.
- External Links (including Advertising Links) The appearance of external hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the United States Department of Defense of the linked web sites, or the information, products or services contained therein. The United States Department of Defense does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. All links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of these Department of Defense (DoD) web sites.DISCLAIMER: Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by the United States Government. The views and opinions of authors expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the United States Government, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes. With respect to documents available from this server, neither the United States Government nor any of its service members or employees, makes any warranty, express or implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, apparatus, product, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights.
Please let us know about existing external links which you believe are inappropriate and about specific additional external links which you believe ought to be included.